Trigger warning: Please note that this episode carries a trigger warning for depression and suicide.
Today’s guest, Kevin Palmieri, was earning six figures at the age of 26. He had everything you could ever want, including the sports car, the dream body, and the girlfriend, but none of it made him happy. Today he is more fulfilled than ever. In this episode, he shares with us how he managed to reach out for support and turn his life around. Together with Alan Lazaros, he hosts Next Level University Podcast, a 7-episode-per-week, holistic self-improvement podcast for dream-chasers. Kevin’s company also offers podcast services for those entering the podcast space. Apart from sharing his own inspiring story and the origin story of Next Level University, Kevin also sheds light on the podcast industry. Tuning in you’ll hear about some of the podcast services that Kevin’s company offers, what he looks for in a potential client, and red flags to be aware of when getting into the podcast space. To hear Kevin’s profound advice about progress and playing the long game in business and self-improvement, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
• Meet Kevin Palmieri from Next Level University Podcast.
• How Kevin accidentally fell into entrepreneurship and ended up podcasting, speaking, and coaching.
• TW: For listeners who wish to avoid Kevin’s account of his struggles with suicidal thoughts, skip the audio between [03:59] and [04:09].
• The market for podcasts and how Small Business Origins has grown.
• Thoughts on business, burnout, and mental health.
• TW: for listeners who wish to avoid further discussion on depression and suicide, skip the audio between [06:02] and [06:27].
• How Kevin was able to reach out for support, and the type of support he received.
• Insight into what Next Level University Podcast is about.
• Some of the podcast services that Kevin’s company offers.
• What a potential podcast client looks like for Kevin.
• How to know which podcast production agency is right for you.
• Red flags to be aware of when getting into the podcast space.
• How to avoid some of the mistakes people often make when starting out.
• How to connect with Kevin.
• Some of the things you can look forward to from the Next Level University Podcast.
• Kevin’s most valuable piece of advice about progress.
“I believe the level of your relationships is directly correlated with the level of vulnerability in them.” — Kevin Palmieri [0:07:52]
“I just want to make sure that whatever it is [that the podcast client needs], it’s sustainable. I don’t want you to be paying money that you’re never going to make back. That’s not how to run a successful business in the long run.” — Kevin Palmieri [0:13:34]
“Just be a good human being who helps other people get what they want as human beings and you’ll win. You’ll win more than most, especially in the long run.” — Kevin Palmieri [0:22:52]
“From day to day, progress is invisible, from year to year, progress is impossible to miss. So do not base your results on what you’re doing today for tomorrow. You’ve got to understand that this is a long lifetime game. ” — Kevin Palmieri [0:26:19]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Next Level University on YouTube
Please don't forget to leave us a review, subscribe to the show to get notified of new episodes, and share each episode with a friend! Thank you for your support.
Podcaster/ speaker/ podcasting coach
I am the CFO, Founder & Co-Host of Next Level University, a Global Top 100 Self-Improvement Podcast with more than 1,000 episodes and 600K+ listens in over 125 countries.
Some people find rock bottom... I found out that rock bottom had a basement.
In my mid 20's... I had it all.
I had a beautiful girlfriend, high paying job, sports car, my dream body... but I still ended up sitting on the edge of a bed debating suicide.
After my rock bottom moment, I went all in on holistic self-improvement.
I was determined to overcome my anxiety, depression and to finally live the life I'd always dreamed of.
Years later, I now host a podcast that impacts hundreds of thousands of people in countries all over the world.
At this stage, I've helped grow the podcast into a multi six-figure business, and I've recorded well over 1,000 episodes.
I've also given hundreds of speeches, trainings and coaching calls with people all over the world.
The main thing that changed was ME. I focused on learning what I didn't know (unlearning a lot too), and my life started to shift.
I love talking about Consistency, Commitment, Habits, Mindset, Confidence, Fear, Relationships, Limiting Beliefs and everything in between.
I believe in a heart-driven but NO BS approach to holistic self improvement, and I look forward to teaching even more people about what it really takes to get to the next level!